Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Day at Como Park

I attended my first photography meet-up today.  It was held at the Como Park Conservatory bright and early, allowing us an opportunity to use our tripods and pose for photos.  The big draw was the Holiday Flower Show - an area filled with poinsettias. Those photos I won't share.  I've never been a fan of the big red blooms and I think my photos show it.  In fact, looking at all the photos I took (245 of them), I think its evident that what I really enjoy is macro photography.  So right now I'm regretting the 75-300 mm lens I just bought and am wishing I had gone for a macro lens instead.

I loved the big fans and the patterns that they make.  I took a lot of photos of them and then had some fun seeing what they looked like in black and white.



I like the patterns and the way the light shines through them.  




Best of all is just pretending there's no snow on the ground and that it really is summer.  It's a beautiful building and a great place to go in the summer.

No comments: